Things to do
November 12, 2022 by Brian Champlin
Another Saturday, another big bunch of things to do in Southland.
Below are our top three picks for today (November 12) in Los Angeles, followed by a bulleted list of seven other quick ideas to consider. It should be good, hope you enjoy!
Things to do for Saturday in Los Angeles
SWIRL SurfSkate Festival -> This Saturday, skate collective GRLSWIRL teams up with ROXY and Carvers Skateboards for the first-ever SWIRL SurfSkate festival and concert in Venice. Spectators can take advantage of daytime events to free, which includes a morning of paddleboarding and a SurfSkate-style competition with judges and prizes, plus live music, food, drink and art booths. A paid ($45) concert with Roge headlining begins at 6:30 p.m. Get more details here.
Inglewood Open Studios -> This annual two-day art walk takes visitors on self-guided tours of art spaces and exhibition spaces in the town of Inglewood. All galleries will be free to enter, and some will offer special programming and workshops to accompany the art walk. There will also be free city-provided bus transportation during the two-day event. Runs from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Get more information here.
We Are Here: A Celebration of Legacy -> This Saturday and Grand Park, The Music Center, in collaboration with artist collective For Freedoms and KinfolkDiscover, present an afternoon festival honoring the cultural heritage of the BIPOC peoples of Los Angeles. Expect performances of spoken word, creative art, food, and live music, including a performance by the Inner City Youth Orchestra of Los Angeles. Runs from noon to 4 p.m. Free to participate. More info here.
Seven more things to do in LA today
- The Korean Kimchi Festival is coming to the backyard of Ovation Hollywood this Saturday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Los Angeles Brewsoloy returns to the California Science Center this Saturday with a selection of 150 beers and 50 breweries.
- The Burbank Winter Wine Walk features wine tasting stations, live entertainment, and a street lined with vendors to help you shop for the holidays.
- The Patchwork Show brings together more than 200 local makers, crafts, food trucks and shows at Marine Stadium in Long Beach.
- The Groundlings Annual The Diversity Festival makes this Saturday and Sunday with a mix of improvisation lessons, performances and online panels.
- Both days (Saturday + Sunday) Autumn Festival at the Aquarium of the Pacific celebrating Asian culture through demonstrations of traditional crafts, music, dance, cultural arts displays and storytelling.
- On Saturday and Sunday, The 2022 Vulture Festival returns to Hollywood Roosevelt for two days of actors in conversation, special screenings and panels, rare performances and workshops.
Want the best things to do in Los Angeles delivered straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos subscribed to our twice-weekly email newsletter!