Mubadala Energy announces new gas discovery in Malaysia

ABU DHABI – Mubadala Energy has confirmed the discovery of a reservoir of good quality gas penetrated by the Cengkih-1 exploration well in block SK320, offshore Sarawak province, offshore Malaysia. Preliminary analysis shows a significant column of gas over 110 meters in the Pinnacle Carbonate Reef reservoir.

Mansoor Mohamed Al Hamed, CEO of Mubadala Energy, said: “This discovery strengthens our position in Malaysia as a reliable and trusted operator with deep technical capabilities. Gas demand in Southeast Asia continues to grow and we look forward to helping meet those energy needs. , in line with our strategy as a player in the energy transition.”

The Cengkih-1 exploration well is located near the Pegaga field, one of the fields in block SK320, which recently marked the success of commercial gas production. The Pegaga field recorded the discovery of 1 trillion cubic feet of additional gas initially in place, following post-drilling results, confirming a larger and better reservoir.

Building on Mubadala Energy’s strong position in Malaysia, these results also reinforce the company’s strategy to expand its position in natural gas as a key transition fuel in the energy transition.

Mubadala Energy is the operator of block SK320, with a 55% stake in the production sharing contract. The remaining 45% is held by PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd and Sarawak Shell Berhad.

Since entering Malaysia in 2010, Mubadala Energy has made six gas discoveries with a success rate of 75%, a number well above the industry average.

About Armand Downs

Check Also

Week in Review: Insilico Signs Six AI-Drug Discovery Deal with Sanofi Worth Up to $1.2 Billion

jittawit.21 Offers and financing Insilico Medicine, a Hong Kong and New York-based AI drug discovery …